Diversity and Inclusion at Billion Dollar Boy
As a global influencer marketing agency, Billion Dollar Boy is striving for greater representation within our business, industry, and importantly, our output. Diversity and inclusion plays a key role in powering the creative work we do, in order to create more authentic, representative advertising that reflects society. To do this, we do not just start by making our work more representative, but look from the inside to what our community looks like.
We are working with our team, clients, influencers and wider community, to start a dialogue and project-based action that better helps us embrace diversity and accelerate our efforts to create an inclusive environment for all.
We hope our efforts can inspire others, and create an example for a fairer, more inclusive industry.
Our diversity and inclusion progress
Diversity and inclusion is an on-going journey for everyone. As a part of BDB’s allyship journey, we understand there are experiences and perspectives we do not understand fully, therefore must make every attempt to educate and inform ourselves.
This is why we have made the following changes:
- Introduced a year-round programme of DEI events, which aim to tackle biases and microaggressions, while enforcing anti-racist sentiment among the global team.
- Introduced compulsory DEI courses for all management.
- Our DEI E-Learning Programme is a compulsory part of onboarding, and helps employees gain a deeper understanding of industry challenges.
- Hold Courageous Conversation Circles to equip people with the ability to hold challenging conversations around daily work-life issues.
- Launched three networks that allow BDB employees to drive continual improvement:Equal Space Network (Disability/Social Mobility/Gender Equality); Collective Network (Ethnicity/Racial Equality); Proud Network (LGBTQIA+ Equality).
- Removed our BDB referral scheme to ensure our recruitment process is fair, diverse and inclusive, and unbiased, placing an emphasis on skills and portfolios.
- Continue to build relationships with wider D&I programs and organisations. Our Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion Partner sits on the IPA Talent Leadership Group.
- Embed our inclusive behaviours and values, which you can view here, into our culture and working practices.
- In line with our future behaviour to “Seek out voices less heard, and act upon what they say” we ensure we try to be as responsive as possible to the individual’s needs.
- Provide clients with a diverse selection of creators to partner with and actively encourage them to consider the diversity of their influencer selection.
- Provide expertise and guidance to help brands’ work become more inclusive.
- Monitor and analyse the diversity statistics of BDB employees such as age, sex, and ethnic background.
We are open to feedback and hearing ways that we can improve.Chat to Us