Experience: 0-2 Years
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our growing London account management team.
They will support the successful delivery of campaigns across a wide variety of clients – from communicating the correct information to all members of the team, to facing clients, dealing with suppliers and reporting to the senior account management team.
An unrivalled level of organisation is expected so that all campaigns run efficiently, with other team members relying on project organisation in order to meet deadlines and understand client expectations.
This is an entry level position and a perfect role within which to get exposure to many different parts of agency life.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Arranging meetings and liaise with clients to understand their requirements
- Quality control of all work that is submitted to clients
- Disclosing campaign details to the client and all team members
- Monitoring all stages of campaigns to guarantee that they run smoothly
- Writing status reports throughout the duration of the project to keep clients and peers updated
- Ensuring that the project stays within the allocated budget
- Administration tasks that will help to keep campaigns well-managed and organised
- Offering creative ideas to the account manager to develop exciting campaigns and encourage clients to understand the importance of creativity throughout projects
- Keeping oneself stimulated in order to achieve maximum productivity
Required Skill Set:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- First class organisational skills
- A pro-active approach to creative projects
- Experience of working as part of a team
- A keen eye for detail and an understanding of budget restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a cool outlook
- A personable and professional character that will allow you to build client rapport
- The confidence to give clients trust in your work
An account executive will mainly be based in an office environment, with time also spent at meetings and briefings.
About Billion Dollar Boy
Our mission is to produce and distribute content by combining our creativity, data and technology to revolutionise the way premium global brands advertise.
Billion Dollar Boy is an Influencer Marketing Agency with offices in London and New York that produces and distributes high-quality content on behalf of leading brands in order to market their products. Through our industry knowledge and proprietary tech, we are able to carefully select influencers, provide them with a detailed creative strategy brief, effectively deliver the campaigns and provide detailed reporting on their performance.
We are a fast-growing, ambitious company with a roster of premium brands that include Estée Lauder Companies US & UK (Bobbi Brown, La Mer, Lab Series, Jo Malone), L’Oréal UK & Ireland (L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline, Garnier, Essie, Mixa), Unilever UK (Murad, Regenerate, Dollar Shave Club), PUIG UK (Paco Rabanne), Armani Global, Mulberry UK & US, De Beers UK & US, Waitrose UK, Marks and Spencer UK and more.
We have a workforce of 25 who sit across Account Management, Creative Strategy, Tech and New Business.
- Obsession with quality.
- Desire to innovate, learn and create.
- Commitment to combine creativity with data and technology.
- Passion for and Pride in everything we do.
We encourage employees to be open and confident and appreciate that every member of the team makes a vital difference.
Outside working hours we enjoy regular socials, team lunches and team building.
- 25 days annual leave
- x1 additional day of annual leave per year of service up to a max. of 5
- x5 days additional annual leave granted each third year of service – to be taken in that year
- Free client product.
- Fully stocked kitchen / fridge (Coffee / Tea Machine, Milks, Fresh Fruit & Snacks).
- Flexible working – We offer our employees the opportunity to work ad hoc from a remote location if it makes their lives easier and simpler.
- Working in other offices – As a reward for great performance from time to time we send staff to work for a week in our New York office and vice versa.
- Training – We offer formal training for our employees. Employees are encouraged to suggest training that covers topics they would like to learn and this is carried out by external parties.
- Travel – We encourage travel to visit our international clients where appropriate.